Sunday, December 20, 2009

Investigating Dubai

I'm looking outside at almost 2 feet of snow making it hard to imagine that we will be in HOT Dubai in just a few short weeks!  We will arrive in Dubai on January 10. I am reviewing the information about our trip to Dubai put together by Laura Eisenman, one of the UDel faculty primarily responsible for organizing this amazing experience for the students.

Here is an online tour of the beautiful Hotel Riviera overlooking the famous Dubai Creek where we are fortunate to be staying.

On Tuesday our group will be visiting the Jumeirah Mosque, the only mosque in the U.A.E., which is open to non-Muslims.

On Wednesday, following our class time and site visits, we hope to experience the amazing Dubai desert.

I also hope to have time to take this walking tour of the old Deira when we have a break in our schedule.

I invite readers (especially you students who should now be completing your finals and going home for the holidays) to add to this conversation!  Are you packing your bags? What are you doing to get ready?

2 comments:

  1. It is going to be even hotter in Ghana!!
    I packed a couple weeks ago to make sure I was under 15 lbs & I succeeded! But since then I have unpacked & need to repack it all before we go!

    ReplyDelete