Friday, February 5, 2010

Thursday: Last day in Hawaii



Waiting to go to the airport for our 11:20 p.m. flight to Denver.  We woke up today to find out that our original flight to Phila. was cancelled because of the pending snowstorm on the East Coast.  We are now diverted to Newark, NJ and scheduled to arrive at 6:30 p.m.  I then plan to take a train to D.C. and metro home to Silver Spring.  I will not arrive until mid-night. 

Of course I didn't let this bad news spoil my last day in O'ahu.  After Laura and I contacted all the students and made new flight plans, my friend Jeremy took me to Hanauma Bay to go skin diving.  It was a beautiful day.

Hanauma Bay. Can you see the coral reef?


Jeremy




After skin diving, Jeremy drove me along the coast of Kailua Bay and we stopped for fish and chips at a local restaraunt.



I'm off the airport now.  I can't wait to see everyone so I'm hoping I will not be stranded in Denver or Newark!

2 comments:

  1. Kim--the last day looks like it was great--dispite needing to make arrangements for the new flights (I still think you could have gotten into Philadelphia--the snow didn't start till well after 4:00 p.m.!). I hope everyone is hope safely now and with family and friends. Thanks for sharing the trip with the students and with Laura, Erik and I!

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, it was a little frustrating to pass Phila on the train and not see any snow even at 7:30 p.m.

    ReplyDelete